I was doing some development last night on some demo apps and I ran into this lovely error message:
“An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions 192.168.1.18:80”
I got this exception when I attempted to access a Web API service I wrote from my Surface while doing some Remote Debugging. I kept getting errors indicating the connection could not be resolved.
I did some digging and came up with the exception above, and it seems the solution isn’t overly obvious. You have to check the following box:
This only seems to apply when you are talking to a server internally. But it might apply elsewhere. Real annoying, hopefully this posts save some people some time.